Thursday, October 29, 2009

LIFE III

TRYST WITH DESTINY.....

I look at the blank page and I feel that I have nothing fresh to pen down; and some are born with the same blank fate as this page some we see everyday and ignore at the same time. We look through them as if they don’t exist at all, life again!! Life is so full of ironies that everyday I discover a new irony n then ponder over it for a while n then stop thinking bout it ‘cause there is nothing much that I can do.
This page is dedicated to all those who don’t know how to read and write those who will never have an access to this page; in fact these people can’t differentiate words from numbers. All that they can do is slog themselves in the scorching heat, carry load like a donkey and never even by mistake have the pleasure of a roof above their head. Like wanderers they keep roaming from one place to the other in search of a living. Still I want to write about them because, I feel guilty every time I put a morsel of food in my mouth in front of them; but at the same time I feel I am so lucky.
I worked with the street kids for almost a year in an NGO and it was such an awakening experience, I grew up with those kids in more than one way, I started accepting them and in the same way they too started liking me. What I observed in each one of them was that they took more time in opening up than I did, and when they did each one of them had a different tale of misery. They had so much to say, and so many stories to tell, every learning experience came as a shock to me. Some were abused, some were forced into begging, some had no idea of the whereabouts of their parents and some were forced into motherhood. That’s the dark side of life that we try to ignore most of our lives. All that we do is call them names and abuse them. Treat them like dust but why???
There is nothing to write in which will do well to people. No one will ever get anything reading my article and all that I wonder is that how many years will it take me to reach the target that I have set for myself. How many more years will I take to help those I want to. I feel sad when I see them begging, and I still don’t give them a penny, don’t know if I should! Can no one change their destiny or will they always beg? Sleeping on the road in a chilling winter night is not something that we can do; we are exposed to so many comforts in life and we get so use to them that we despise the fate less. We look down at them and they curse us. I guess that’s the order but why can’t we change it??
I really hope that some day all of us realize that there is more to living than living for ourselves. Can’t we just look at the kids like they were our own; say a word or two of kindness that will bring a smile to their face? They don’t want our pity but love.
Smile at them, hold their hand …..Walk with them for a while and you will realize you were living a pseudo life. They’ll teach you what most of the books won’t. they are the survivors, they’ll teach you how to live!!

No comments: